The Mission of the School of Library and Information Studies is
- to provide excellence in education, preparing leaders for a diverse, highly technological, knowledge-based global society;
- to engage in research and creative activities that generate new knowledge and applications for effective practice and that foster interdisciplinary approaches to address information challenges;
- and to meet the complex information needs of society through public and professional service.
The School meets this mission through offering these degree programs:
- The Master of Library and Information Studies, accredited by the American Library Association (MLIS)
- The Bachelor of Arts in Information Studies (BAIS)
- The Information Studies Minor