The Bachelor of Arts in Information Studies/Master of Library and Information Studies Accelerated Program is designed for exceptional students who wish to being earning the MLIS in their senior year of the BAIS program. The program is open to all OU students who qualify.
1. Students are expected to apply to the BAIS/MLIS accelerated program no later than the first semester of their junior year. Prospective students who do not meet the application deadline will be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.
2. Students must have a minimum 3.20 overall undergraduate GPA for admission
3. Students are not expected to submit GRE scores as a requirement admission to the program since undergraduate credit fulfillment at the University of Oklahoma will provide information sufficient to judge aptitude and preparation for the MLIS program.
4. Students who are not able to successfully complete the accelerated degree program must submit a request for an extension detailing the unusual circumstances justifying the delay in degree completion.
· Application Form
· Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
· Statement of Purpose (1-2 pages)
· Official or Unofficial OU Transcript
· No GRE required
· Students must have a minimum 3.2 overall GPA for admission
· Students are expected to apply to the BAIS/MLIS accelerated program no later than the first semester of their junior year, although application by the second semester of sophomore year is preferred.
· Fall: April 15
· Spring: October 15
Send Completed Applications to:
School of Library and Information Studies
401 W. Brooks, Room 120
Norman, OK 73019